Vegan recipe: Easy Strawberry Tiramisu.

The must-have recipe in Italian cuisine. A Tiramisu. Here is my vegan version, believe me, you are going to love it!

NewLifeKarma - Tiramisu aux Fraises

Hi everyone, You guys all know how crazy I am about Italian food. Pizzas, bruschettas, gnocchi etc.

You can often see different varieties of this type of recipe on my Instagram account. But I rarely make desserts, as I am not really a dessert person.
Last week, the girls came round for supper, I decided to whip up an Italian menu for the evening. Who is not surprised? LOL ðŸ™‚  So I went looking for an Italian dessert and then I went about looking at how I could veganise it. Using different ideas and tips from here and there, here you will find my mix of all of that. 
Tiramisu was one of my favourite desserts "before" and it's now back on the list. It's really quick to make and very handy to make in advance. The only thing that you need to take into account is the fact that you will need to soak the cashew nuts the night before or at least an hour beforehand in hot water. 
Ingredients for 6 :
1 box of strawberries.
1 tin of coconut milk.
2 cup 1/2 of Cashew Nuts.
1 packet of speculoos biscuits. ( Did you know that speculoos biscuits are vegan? :-))
2 / 3 drops of vanilla essence.
img_4964
Step by step:
Prepare the ingredients. You need to start with the cashew nuts. You will need to either let them soak overnight or let them soak at least one hour in hot water before making the recipe. I used the second method as I decided to make this recipe at the last minute.
Heat some water in a pot or in a kettle, I again used the second option as I made myself a cup of tea at the same time! ðŸ™‚
Pour 2 and 1/2 cups of cashew nuts into your blender, cover with the hot water. leave them to soak at least 1 hour. They will get bigger as they absorb some of the water, so do check that they stay covered.
During this time, you can do something else, relax or like me, have your tea and then get the table ready. Whatever makes you happy.
Prepare the rest of the ingredients. Personally, I used the Turbo Tup to break down my Speculoos biscuits, but you can also place them in a bowl and break them down with the back of a large spoon or place some biscuits into a freezer bag and crush them flat with a rolling pin. 
Take the leave of the strawberries and cut them in half.
To make the "cream", strain the cashew nuts and rinse them. Place them back into the blender. Add three-quarters of the coconut milk and blend. Add some more milk as you go till you get the consistency that you require. The longer the nuts soak the fewer lumps you will have in your cream.
Add 2 to 3 drops of vanilla extract. You are now ready to get your desserts ready. Last Friday, when the girls came round, we made the dessert together, turned out to be a vegan dessert workshop! LOL! I then made the dessert again for my honey and presented them in glasses. 
img_4965
First step, pour 2 to 3 soup spoons of crushed speculoos in the bottom of the glass. The quantity really depends on you and also the diameter of the glass.
img_4966
Add 2 to 3 spoons of  "cream". For a pretty presentation, keep an eye on the thickness of each layer. Which also depends on the diameter of your glass.
img_4967
Add the strawberries, pick out the prettiest ones to place on the inside against the glass, then fill the centre with the others. 
img_4968
Add another layer of "cream".  Depending on the size of your glass you can do more layers. But I would just like to point out that this is a very filling dessert. This is where the quote "Less is more" has all its meaning. 
img_4969
Place into the fridge for at least an hour. Personally, when I made them with the girls, we put them in the fridge, and they had time to cool whilst we were having an aperitif and the rest of the meal. The girls all approved the recipe! What do you think?
What's your favorite italian dessert?

Comments

Popular Posts